Saturday, July 28, 2007

Day 13 - Date Night

After a long week at work and fighting my cold, I am exhausted. I slip out of work early and go take a several hour nap.

I wake up around 7pm and am still tired. I debate about going out but the boys had all talked about "going big" on Saturday so I decide I should take it easy tonight so that I can rally tomorrow.

After I shower, I call a girl I used to date who I haven't seen in a long while. She is dog sitting and didn't have any plans to go out. I ask if she wants to grab dinner and she agrees.

I pick her up and we went to a restaurant we used to frequent when we dated. Dinner is great....I am cutting up and she is laughing at all of my jokes. We are reminiscing about some of the fun we had when we dated and making fun of some of the other restaurant patrons. People watching is one of my favorite sports!

We debated about going out for a couple of drinks after our meal but I didn't want to be in a smoky place with my sinuses they way they were. She suggested we go back to her place, watch a movie and drink some wine.

Her air conditioner is acting up so she changes into something cooler and asks if I brought any shorts. I tell her no but instead strip down to my underwear and we turn some fans on us.

We watch the movie and drink some wine while I also play with the dogs. The movie ends and we cuddle up a bit while we watch TV. It is late and we are both tired. She invites me to stay but jokes that I don't get a good night kiss since I am sick.

We go to bed, cuddle up and fall asleep.

No comments: