Friday, June 1, 2007

Why the blog?

A gypsy heart? A blow to the head as a kid? If you are analytical and introspective like me, you want to know the background, the cause, the impetus for why someone does what they do.....

I grew up in a very small farm town which is dominated by vacant businesses and abandoned homes. What small town in the middle of no where can't even support a bar? I mean, come on.....Except for the great people in this close knit community, the only way to describe the place I still fondly call home is hell on earth.

Hell on earth...where everyone marries at 18 and starts popping out rugrats until the big company buys the family farm or the factory lays them off. And then they drink themselves into a constant medicated stupor while cheating on their spouse with their ugly neighbor. Why live here? Why not live a squirt-piss down the road in the town that actually has a grocery store and a stop light? Why not get the hell out of dodge?

Problem is...if you have never left here, you don't know better. And fortunately for everyone who lives here, you are happy. Blissfully, ignorantly happy. And since most everyone is related in some way or the other, you are always surrounded by family. Which is invaluable.

So what happened to me? Although I am normally a positive person, I wasn't content. I was a wanderer, an independent, someone who didn't fit in. I knew I wanted more. And I did whatever I could to get the elusive "more", including some crazy, stupid stuff when I was younger. Problem is, once I got it, it wasn't enough. And it still isn't.

I have voluntarily lived in 18 different cities across the US and am fairly world traveled. Most of these cities I moved to without knowing anyone. Try this sometime if you haven't. It is one of the hardest things you will ever do. Try to create life and roots in a town where you know nothing and nobody. It is damn tough. And it is also very enlightening. You get to reinvent yourself every time you move. There is a lot of self analysis and introspection that goes into reinventing yourself. Do this a few times and suddenly, you and yourself are pretty tight. And not in the lotion and kleenex kind of way. You are tight with your inner self, which is something most people will never achieve.

One of the ways to start a new life and meet new people in a strange city is to hang out at the local bar. I am a pro at this social maneuver. And when drinking, crazy things have been known to happen to me and those around me.

I work very hard. And play even harder.

This blog is about those stories. And other stories that stand out to me in my life. Some are sentimental and touching, most are crazy by anyone's definition and looking back, a few have made me realize I am very lucky to be alive and several make me wonder why I haven't been arrested yet.

Beyond these life stories, I am an improvement junkie. I am constantly working on areas of my life that I feel aren't up to snuff. Lately, my focus is on making myself attractive to attractive members of the opposite sex. I am tired of being in relationships that aren't satisfying. Or falling into the "friends zone" with the type of women I do want.

For someone who was a late bloomer and "awkward" growing up, getting attractive, sexy women to be interested in me has always been a struggle. I have had many great relationships in my life but I have normally stumbled blindly into them. My goal is to change this. I want to be the chooser vs. the chaser. Thus, I will also focus on posting about my recent journey into the communities that teach pick up and seduction.

And hell, I might throw in some of my philosphies about life in now and then for spice.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments: