Sunday, October 14, 2007

I choked

I rolled into Hooters today for lunch. I know a couple of women who work at this particular Hooters through my social circle so I am not a total stranger when I go in. I stop in maybe once a month - enough so I am recognized but not so much that I am a regular/stalker.

Today, I did something to catch everyone's attention and it worked. My thoughts were that I would capture the attention of a girl or two in a positive way and had in my mind how I was going to respond.

However, I suddenly had at least 8 girls surrounding me, touching me and asking me all kinds of questions. One even asked if I was single and another put her arm around my waist.

I expected to get a little attention but didn't expect to be surrounded instantly by 8 girls in tight shirts and small shorts asking me questions. And what did I do when my grand plan worked like a charm? I choked.....no cocky funny, no quick wit, no push pull.......I did nothing and just politely said "thanks" to all of the compliments.

I then went and sat at the bar and ordered lunch. It was obvious that the bartender girl, who saw everything go down, was flirting with me. So much so that the other guys at the bar were getting restless because she was neglecting them and they weren't getting their beers refilled.

But did I get her number? Nope. Time bridge her? Still no. Instead, I had some nice, polite conversation.

As I was eating lunch, one of the 8 girls from before playfully pushed me as she walked by. Did I stop her and engage in conversation? No. Punish her by playfully slapping her hand? No. What did I do in return to her playful shove? Nothing.....

After lunch was done, the bartendar shook my hand and invited me back for Halloween so I could see her in her sexy nurse outfit. Two other girls came by and introduced themselves as I was standing up.

On my way out I gave one of the 8 an AFC compliment about her hair. And then I crawled out the door with my tail between my legs. Good news is that I can go back in there with social proof. And plan to soon. Bad news is I blew a great opportunity.......I am rusty.

2 comments:

Culpable said...

Oh my god man, I know EXACTLY what that's like. It ssssssucks!!! You KNOW what you need to do, you've done it a hundred times before, but it just doesn't come out!

I guess even PUAs have "off" days...

Another plus is that when you do go all ball-busting-push-n-pulling-cocky-funny -PUUUAAAHHH on them, they're gonna EXPLODE, cause it'll be such an impression after this.

What you did to grab every girl's attention, though?

Anonymous said...

Hello Twitchy,

Can you please check out our website, it is www.BeyondHelp.net. If you like it we would be honored if you would add us to your "Twitchy's Favorite Websites" list. If not, we hope you checked us out and had a good laugh. :)

Thank you very much for your time,

BeyondHelp